We wrote this article to explain the output options associated with UpSearch’s exclusive Microsoft SQL Server inventory tool (‘Tool’ or ‘Application). UpSearch’s Data Estate Assessment for SQL Server professional service relies on this Tool. The agentless desktop Application has a small installation footprint and comprehensively scans to gather enterprise-wide details about each Microsoft SQL Server instance and the underlying Windows Operating System.
The following options are available to help you customize the SQL Server discovery process for your unique needs.
Additional Information To Collect
- Database Object Information: Select this option to include database object information in the inventory, e.g., tables, views, procedures, functions, etc.
- Database Object Permissions: Select this option to include database object-level permissions in the inventory, e.g., GRANT SELECT on tables, columns, views, etc. Keep in mind that selecting ‘Include system objects’ covers system object permissions.
- System Objects: Select this option to include system objects when retrieving database object information and permissions.
Logging, Output, and Resource Utilization
- Output Directory: Specify the literal path to the directory where you want the output files to be written. If you do not provide a path, the system will use the ‘My Documents’ folder.
- Logging Level: We reserve this output option for collaborative troubleshooting efforts. It’s essential to remember that there are three valid values (“None,” “Standard,” and “Verbose”), with the default value being “None.” “Standard” and “Verbose” serve troubleshooting purposes and may demand several hours to complete.
- Encrypt Log File: We recommend that you opt to encrypt the log file. We use SHA-256 encryption to protect sensitive data estate information.
- Add All Output to Zip File: Select this option to combine the inventory and log files into a single compressed ZIP file.
If you have any questions about these output options, You can contact us by visiting this page on our website: https://upsearch.com/contact-us/.