Shawn M. Upchurch, Founder & CEO
Shawn M. Upchurch’s mission, and that of UpSearch, is to enable every leader to unlock data’s full potential. As a Cloud & Data Platform strategist, Shawn helps Essential Service Providers develop a global approach to data estates.
Since the early 1990s, Shawn has helped leaders achieve lasting change for themselves, their teams, and their organizations by managing intentional change. As a practicing scholar of emotional intelligence and intentional change theory, Shawn has the unique ability to interpret, simplify, and solve complex issues that unlock potential often trapped at the intersection of purpose, people, and technology. He has advised hundreds of board members, business owners, executives, and aspiring future leaders.
Shawn Upchurch holds an M.B.A. (Systems Management) and B.A. (Economics) from Baldwin Wallace University. He earned an Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) Accreditation from Case Western Reserve University’s Weatherhead School of Management.
Shawn is a fierce advocate for equality, a philanthropist, and a nonprofit board leader. He served as a Framer and Chair of the Elimination of Prejudice Foundation Board of Directors and President of Pi Lambda Phi’s Educational Foundation Board of Directors. Shawn modernized both 501(c)(3) organizations, aligned to IRS nonprofit best practices, and raised over $2MM.
Shawn Upchurch is a life-long student of Leadership and Emotional Intelligence. His intellectual interests include the role of transformational leadership in the data and analytics maturity model, as well as board governance. As a father of two premature children, Shawn has broad interests in helping preemies thrive and believes every life has equal value.
Education & Certifications
- ESCI Accreditation, Case Western Reserve University – Weatherhead School of Management
- Master of Business Administration, Baldwin Wallace University
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Baldwin Wallace University
Board Governance & Nonprofit Leadership
- Elimination of Prejudice Foundation; Chair of the Board (2019), Board Co-Chair (2018), Secretary (2020), Ex-Officio Board Member (2016-2018), and Founding Director (2014-2015), 2014-present.
- Pi Lambda Phi Educational Foundation; President (2015-2018) and Ex-Officio (2018-2020), 2014-2020.
- Pi Lambda Phi International Fraternity; Vice-President (2010-2011) and Council Member, 2015-2019 & 2006-2011.
- Baldwin Wallace University Alumni Council, 2010-2012 & 2004-2006.
- Pi Lambda Phi Ohio Beta Tau Alumni Association, 1995-present.