David Maxwell, UpSearch Alum
Since 2000, David has served to protect, unlock and optimize data’s value within such diverse environments as healthcare providers, insurance companies, manufacturers and financial institutions. David has the unique ability to zero in on a complex challenge quickly and provide a long-term solution that fits both the business needs and budget.
Since 2012, David has maintained a SQL Server focused blog at https://dmmaxwell.wordpress.com/. He is a frequent presenter at local and regional events for the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) and works with the Columbus, OH-based PASS chapter.
In his free time, David is an avid musician who plays several instruments, as well as a lover of puzzle-based games.
Education & Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Platform (MCSE: Data Platform)
- IEPTO1: Immersion Event on Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 1
- IEPTO2: Immersion Event on Performance Tuning and Optimization – Part 2
Information Technology Skills
- Microsoft SQL Server (through 2016)
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Performance Tuning
- Systems architecture design, implementation, and administration
- TCP/IP Networking with DNS and DHCP
Speaking & Community Engagements
Since 2012, David has presented sessions on SQL Server maintenance, performance and database corruption at numerous SQL Saturday events throughout the Midwest, in addition to being a presenter and director for his local Columbus, OH based PASS chapter. David has also presented for several online events such as the PASS DBA Fundamentals and Performance Virtual Chapters, and 24 Hours of PASS. He is also the winner of the PASS Summit 2015 Speaker Idol competition.