In the cloud, experience definitely matters. So, we wrote Cloud Migration Experiences to highlight some of what we learned after migrating numerous clients to the cloud, including our own ISV. If you have questions about migrating to the cloud, we can help.
Cloud Migration Experiences
Previously, we explored Cloud Migration Benefits. Next, let’s talk about where the rubber meets the road – experience.
Something we often hear is “We looked at cloud platforms, but they are too complicated and cost too much.” That’s a fairly common situation. Yet, sticking with physical infrastructure can end up costing you significantly in the long run.
The predictability of any of your systems has a huge impact on when the the cloud makes sense. But, you really wouldn’t know how to move beyond the complexity or cost barriers without experience.
Evyware’s story is one of many about an organization enabled to leverage the cloud after working with UpSearch. Here’s what Evyware’s David Poeschl had to say:
“When it was time for our ISV to move beyond open source, we turned to UpSearch to migrate to the cloud and Microsoft SQL Server from MySQL. They complemented our team extremely well, provided structured guidance and expert SQL Server and Azure know-how. The migration went so well we engaged UpSearch to provide 24/7 monitoring and dedicated support for our SQL Server / Azure environment.”
Real World Experiences
Our team has developed deep practical know how and firsthand experiences, which include:
- Convert business requirements & existing SQL Server infrastructure into an Azure topology
- VMWare and Hyper-V planning with a focus on SQL Server
- Deploy SQL Server to Azure Virtual Machines or Amazon Web Service’s EC2
- Plan and implement High Availability & Disaster Recovery strategies for complete cloud environments and hybrid scenarios
- Migrate existing SQL Server databases to SQL Server on Azure VM with minimal downtime
- Monitor and manage SQL Server in the cloud and virtualized environments
- Automate SQL Server deployments to public and private clouds with Powershell
- Deploy database solutions to Azure SQL Database
- Amazon Web Service’s Relational Database Service for SQL Server
- Deploy and performance tune SQL Server in VMWare environments
The cloud is a viable option to reduce risk, costs and time to deploy. Regardless of private, public or hybrid cloud, a subtle mindset change is required to unlock the value of digital infrastructure. Consider engaging a capacity planning expert to get concrete numbers sized to fit your unique needs.
This blog series continues with case study from one of our clients. We enabled them to expand globally after a successful cloud migration. If you have questions about migrating to the cloud, we can help.